The WSET Level 2 in Wines course is ideal for anyone wishing to take their knowledge to the next level in an informative and structured manner.
It is designed for both the enthusiast wishing to gain a broader view of the grapes and wines produced around the world and also for those who wish to enter or are already working in the wine and hospitality business requiring a good level of product knowledge.
Anyone who wants to learn how to taste and assess wines professionally can benefit from this course.
Although many students take the WSET Level 1 course prior to this second level, it is not a requirement for this WSET Level 2, as long as you have some wine knowledge, an authentic enthusiasm for the subject and willingness to learn.
Teaching language is english.
What you will learn ?
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- What factors influence wine style
- How wine is made
- The key white grape varieties and their characteristics
- The key black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The key wine-producing regions and the main styles of wines they produce: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, USA, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- How to decode and understand labels
- How to store and serve wine
- How to pair wine with food
Examination WSET Level 2 in wines course
To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions. A total mark of 55% or more is required to receive the WSET level 2 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin. The certificate is recognized internationally. At least 12 hours of additional private study is recommended for this course. Students are strongly advised to accomplish most of this private study time in preparation for the course.
WSET students are now able to take their English language Level 2 in Wines on a computer at their home. They will be monitored using Remote Invigilation technology. Please click here for a video showing how Remote Invigilation works. Further detailed information is available here: Candidate Joining Instructions. When ready to take the exam, we’ll schedule it for you.
Please, contact us If you prefer to attend the examination in person, and we will send you our exams schedule.
There are two delivery options:
- Day release.Three successive days, each day between 9:00-17:00
- Evening course. One evening a week, usually Tuesday, for 8 successive weeks, between 18:30-20:30.
Price of WSET Level 2 in wines course: € 550 (including VAT).
Please note that additional charges are applicable for all exam re-sits and non-attendance.
Exam resit : €130
Non-attendance of registered exam : 150 lei
- Course book (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world)
- Study guide (complete with maps, example questions, and forms for your own tasting notes)
- Laminated tasting card.
- Support materials
- Tutoring and discussion on wine
- The opportunity to taste at least 42 different wines (all international)
- Examination fees
- Water to freshen your palate
- Domestic courier charges (for study pack and certificate)
Entry requirements WSET Level 2 in wines course
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, you do not have to take WSET Level 1 course before enrolling to this course.You must be 18 years old to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
WSET Level 2 in Wines course – Exams schedule (online):
|Exam date||Enrollment date|