- Cluj, 11th-13th Octomber
- Cluj, 14th-16th February
- Cluj, 9th-11th May
About the course
Teaching language : english.
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to take their knowledge to the next level in an informative and structured manner.
It is designed for both the enthusiast wishing to gain a broader view of the grapes and wines produced around the world and also for those who wish to enter or are already working in the wine and hospitality business requiring a good level of product knowledge.
Anyone who wants to learn how to taste and assess wines professionally can benefit from this course.
Although many students take the WSET Level 1 course prior to this second level, it is not a requirement for this WSET Level 2, as long as you have some wine knowledge, an authentic enthusiasm for the subject and willingness to learn.
By the end of the course you will know:
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- What factors influence wine style
- How wine is made
- The key white grape varieties and their characteristics
- The key black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The key wine-producing regions and the main styles of wines they produce: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, USA, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- How to decode and understand labels
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
- How to store and serve wine
- How to pair wine with food
This course is held over three consecutive days from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions. A mark of 55% is required to pass.
28 hours of additional private study is recommended for this course. Students are strongly advised to accomplish most of this private study time in preparation for the course.
All students who pass will be issued a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
- Course book (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world)
- Study guide (complete with maps, example questions, and forms for your own tasting notes)
- Laminated tasting card.
- Support materials
- Tutoring and discussion on wine
- The opportunity to taste at least 36 different wines and 4 different spirits
- Examination fees
- Water to freshen your palate
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be 18 years old to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
After completing and sending this form we will contact you to finalize the enrollment.SIGN UP NOW