The WSET ® Level 2 Award wines online course was created for students who prefer a flexible study program.During a 5 week online study program, you will follow exactly the same syllabus as classroom students do, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom. Each course has a specific start date and exam date, as well as a registration deadline.
The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions. Each week includes a series of independent and/or group activities to help students understand wine label terminology and recognize the styles produced by the main grape varieties in key wine regions.
Who it is aimed at ?
- Wine enthusiasts who wish to acquire in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and want to obtain an internationally recognized wine qualification.
- People employed in the drinks and hospitality industries with little previous knowledge of alcoholic beverages in particular international wines.
- People wishing to pursue a career as a sommelier and who want to learn more about international wines and wine styles before going onto accredited Sommelier qualifications.
In which language?
WSET® Online Classroom courses are only offered in English, but study material and exams can be ordered in English, French, German or Italian.
What you will learn ?
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine styles
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- How to make food and wine pairings
To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions. A total mark of 55% or more is required to receive the WSET level 2 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin. The certificate is recognized internationally.
WSET students are now able to take their English language Level 1 in Wines on a computer at their home. They will be monitored using Remote Invigilation technology. Please click here for a video showing how Remote Invigilation works. Further detailed information is available here: Candidate Joining Instructions. When ready to take the exam, we will schedule it for you.
Please, contact us If you prefer to attend the examination in person, and we will send you our exams schedule
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, you do not have to follow WSET Level 1 before enrolling to this course. You must be 18 years old to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
Price: € 350.
Please note that additional charges are applicable for all exam re-sits and non-attendance.
Exam resit : €100
Non-attendance of registered exam : 150 lei
- All online tuition
- All course materials (WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine card, Level 2 Course Book, Level 2 Work Book)
- Exam fees
- Certificate with Lapel pin when you pass.
- Domestic courier costs for your course books, and for your certificate and lapel pin
Wines are not included in the cost of this course and although it will greatly enhance your learning experience, it is not compulsory to taste any wine.
You can order WSET recommended samples in miniature bottles from here.
International courier costs are not included, and they will be covered by you. Before you book a class, check the courier costs to your location from Cluj. Be aware that there will be two deliveries: one for the study pack and one for certificate.
Registration closes 15 days prior to the online course start date. If payment has not been received by this date your registration will be cancelled.
|Course Code||Course Dates|
|O2WI2103APP||28.09 – 01.11.2020|
|O2WI2104APP||19.10 – 22.11.2020|
|O2WI2105APP||09.11 – 13.12.2020|
|O2WI2106APP||16.11 – 20.12.2020|
After completing and sendign this form we will contact you to finalize the enrollment.Részletek