The WSET ® Level 2 Award wines and spirits online course was created for students who prefer a flexible study program.During a 5 week online study program, you will follow exactly the same syllabus as classroom students do, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom. Each course has a specific start date and exam date, as well as a registration deadline.
The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions. Each week includes a series of independent and/or group activities to help students understand wine label terminology and recognise the styles produced by the main grape varieties in key wine regions.
Who it is aimed at ?
- Wine enthusiasts who wish to acquire in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and want to obtain an internationally recognised wine qualification.
- People employed in the drinks and hospitality industries with little previous knowledge of alcoholic beverages in particular international wines.
- People wishing to pursue a career as a sommelier and who want to learn more about international wines and wine styles before going onto accredited Sommelier qualifications.
In which language?
WSET® Online Classroom courses are only offered in English, but study material and exams can be ordered in English, French, German or Italian.
What you will learn ?
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine styles
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- How to make food and wine pairings
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made.
To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions. A total mark of 55% or more is required to receive the WSET level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits certificate and lapel pin. The certificate is recognized internationally.
Although the course is provided online, the WSET examination is not online, students will be required to attend the examination in person. When ready to take the exam, we’ll arrange a date and time, usually in Cluj.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be 18 years old to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
Cost of the online course: € 320.
- All online tuition
- All course materials (WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine card, Level 2 Course Book, Level 2 Work Book)
- Exam fees
- Certificate with Lapel pin when you pass.
- Domestic courier costs for your course books, and for your certificate and lapel pin
Wines are not included in the cost of this course and although it will greatly enhance your learning experience, it is not compulsory to taste any wine.
|Course Code||Start Date||Finish Date|
|O2W1915APP||Sat July 6th 2019||Fri August 9th 2019|
|O2WI2001APP||Mon August 12th 2019||Sun September 15th 2019|
|O2WI2002APP||Mon September 2nd 2019||Sun October 6th 2019|
|O2WI2003APP||Mon September 30th 2019||Sun November 3rd 2019|
|O2WI2004APP||Mon October 21st 2019||Sun November 24th 2019|
|O2WI2005APP||Mon November 11th 2019||Sun December 15th 2019|
|O2WI2006APP||Mon November 17th 2019||Sun December 21st 2019|
|O2WI2007APP||Mon January 6th 2020||Sun February 9th 2020|
|O2WI2008APP||Mon January 27th 2020||Sun March 1st 2020|
|O2WI2009APP||Mon February 17th 2020||Sun March 22nd 2020|
|O2WI2010APP||Mon March 2nd 2020||Sun April 5th 2020|
|O2WI2011APP||Mon March 23rd 2020||Sun April 26th 2020|
|O2WI2012APP||Mon April 13th 2020||Sun May 17th 2020|
|O2WI2013APP||Mon May 11th 2020||Sun June 14th 2020|
|O2WI2014APP||Mon June 8th 2020||Sun July 12th 2020|
|O2WI2015APP||Mon June 22nd 2020||Sun July 26th 2020|
After completing and sendign this form we will contact you to finalize the enrollment.SIGN UP NOW