The WSET ® Level 2 Award wines online course was created for students who prefer a flexible study program.During a 5 week online study program, you will follow exactly the same syllabus as classroom students do, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom. Each course has a specific start date and exam date, as well as a registration deadline.
The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions. Each week includes a series of independent and/or group activities to help students understand wine label terminology and recognise the styles produced by the main grape varieties in key wine regions.
Who it is aimed at ?
- Wine enthusiasts who wish to acquire in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and want to obtain an internationally recognised wine qualification.
- People employed in the drinks and hospitality industries with little previous knowledge of alcoholic beverages in particular international wines.
- People wishing to pursue a career as a sommelier and who want to learn more about international wines and wine styles before going onto accredited Sommelier qualifications.
In which language?
WSET® Online Classroom courses are only offered in English, but study material and exams can be ordered in English, French, German or Italian.
What you will learn ?
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine styles
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- How to make food and wine pairings
To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions. A total mark of 55% or more is required to receive the WSET level 2 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin. The certificate is recognized internationally.
Although the course is provided online, the WSET examination is not online, students will be required to attend the examination in person. When ready to take the exam, we’ll arrange a date and time, usually in Cluj.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be 18 years old to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
Cost of the online course: € 320.
- All online tuition
- All course materials (WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine card, Level 2 Course Book, Level 2 Work Book)
- Exam fees
- Certificate with Lapel pin when you pass.
- Domestic courier costs for your course books, and for your certificate and lapel pin
Wines are not included in the cost of this course and although it will greatly enhance your learning experience, it is not compulsory to taste any wine.
International courier costs are not included, and they will be covered by you. Before you book a class, check the courier costs to your location from Cluj. Be aware that there will be two deliveries: one for the study pack and one for certificate.
Registration closes 15 days prior to the online course start date. If payment has not been received by this date your registration will be cancelled.
|Course Code||Start Date||Finish Date|
|O2WI2010APP||Mon March 2nd 2020||Sun April 5th 2020|
|O2WI2011APP||Mon March 23rd 2020||Sun April 26th 2020|
|O2WI2012APP||Mon April 13th 2020||Sun May 17th 2020|
|O2WI2013APP||Mon May 11th 2020||Sun June 14th 2020|
|O2WI2014APP||Mon June 8th 2020||Sun July 12th 2020|
|O2WI2015APP||Mon June 22nd 2020||Sun July 26th 2020|
After completing and sendign this form we will contact you to finalize the enrollment.Detalii