This entry-level course teaches the basics of wine in a format that is suitable for those with no previous knowledge of wine. No professional experience or access to information is thus required. The course is best suited to new upcoming wine enthusiasts who wish to study in a more structured way and to those looking for a new career in the wine or hospitality industries.
If you are interested in expanding your wine knowledge while gaining the ability to discuss wine, buy and serve wine with confidence, you will receive a first class experience of expert training and exceptional wines.
So, join us into a community that shares your wine enthusiasm and enjoy learning about wine in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
By the end of the course you will know:
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Which are the factors that determine the main styles of light wines
- Which are the most important wine types and styles
- The main grape varieties around the world
- The main named wines
- How to drink in a social responsible way
- How to store and serve wine
- How to pair wine with food
- Health, safety and legal issues
This course is held over two intensive sessions morning and afternoon of the same day, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 30 questions. A mark of 70% is required to pass.The exam will be taken during the last hour of the afternoon session.
- Course book and study guide
- Support materials
- Tutoring and discussion on wine
- The opportunity to taste 12 different wines
- Examination fees
- Water to freshen your palate
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be 18 years old to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
- Cluj, 6th October. English language.
After completeing and sendign this form we will contact you to finalize the enrollment.SIGN UP NOW