The WSET ® Level 1 Award wines online course was created for students who prefer a flexible study program. During a 4 week online study program, you will follow exactly the same syllabus as classroom students do, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom. Each course has a specific start date and exam date, as well as a registration deadline. You will receive a course calendar with the weekly subjects, background information to read, activities relevant for each subject, tasting assignments (students have to supply their own samples) and quizzes. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions.
Who it is aimed at ?
- Wine lovers wanting to know more about wines within an interactive, structured framework.
- For the beginning wine professionals
In which language?
WSET ® Online Classroom courses are only offered in English, but study material and exams can be ordered in English, French, German or Italian.
What you will learn ?
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- How to store and serve wine
- How to describe wine using the WSET ® Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine ® (SAT)
- Social responsibility surrounding wine consumption
To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 30 questions. A total mark of 70% or more is required to receive the WSET ® Level 1 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin. The certificate is recognized internationally.
Although the course is provided online, the WSET ® examination is not online, students will be required to attend the examination in person. When ready to take the exam, we’ll arrange a date and time, usually in Cluj.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be 18 years old to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
Cost of the online course: € 120.
- All online tuition
- All course materials
- Exam fees
- Certificate with Lapel pin when you pass.
- Domestic courier costs for your course books, and for your certificate and lapel pin
Wines are not included in the cost of this course and although it will greatly enhance your learning experience, it is not compulsory to taste any wine.
|Course code||Start Date||Finish Date|
|O1W1910APP||Sat June 8th 2019||Fri July 5th 2019|
|O1W1911APP||Sat June 29th 2019||Fri July 26th 2019|
After completing and sendign this form we will contact you to finalize the enrollment.Detalii